e-Payslips Distribution Management Information System
The Government of the Republic through the SMART Zambia Institute commenced the implementation of an Electronic Payslip (ePayslip) System intended to automate the Distribution of payslips to all Civil Servants electronically. The system complements the Integrated Payroll Management and Establishment Control (PMEC) System which remain the Government’s payroll management and processing system.
The implementation of the ePayslip is in line with the policy pronouncement of His Excellency, the Republican President, Mr Edgar Chagwa Lungu, that the Government must progressively implement initiatives that will contribute to attaining a SMART Zambia. The ePayslip solution seeks to embrace technology as a way of transforming the payslip distribution process and also progressively provide a secure self-service mechanism for employees to access pay-related information online.
Some of the realised benefits of the implemented system are:
- Reduction in costs for pay statement paper, maintenance of printers, Printer Toner, Printer Shield, transportation and storage cost;
- Enabling Employees to timely access (and print if desired) both their current remuneration statements (ePayslips) and also historical pay information, (past pay slips);
- To Provide a secure and convenient source of remuneration information for reference by employees
- To Potentially reduce the administrative burden on Human Resource Department in responding to employee requests for replacement documents and other requests for remuneration information;
- Providing a source for reference remuneration information to third party institutions such as lending institution for verification reducing fraudulent reproduction of fake government payslips.
- Sustainability – the system will be developed in-house hence documentation, source code, and database schema will be available and technical staff to support it with no licence fees and need for costly consultancy.
In the same vein, arrangements have been made with Financial Institutions to access the Electronic Pay slips for processing of Loan applications. Accordingly, it is therefore no longer a requirement for any government employee to submit printed copies of pay slips for accessing loan facilities from any financial institution. Civil servants will instead be required to just submit their employee numbers, which the Financial Institutions shall in turn use to request for authentic ePayslips from the SMART Zambia Institute Helpdesk.
FOR ANY QUERIES CONTACT THE PERMANENT SECRETARY AT SMART ZAMBIA INSTITUTE,
Helpdesk Mobile Number: +260 954903472
Helpdesk Landline Number: +260211253438