In order to improve public service delivery to business, citizens and within government, the Division entered into an enterprise agreement with Microsoft to centrally Standardize procurement and deployment of Microsoft services and licences in Government Ministries in March, 2016.
The Centre has three core projects under implementation through the GRZ/Microsoft Enterprise agreement and status is as follows;
- eCabinet which is an electronic document and records management system was at Business requirement document stage and development of a fully functional system is at advanced staged and scheduled to be completed by 31st March, 2017. Change management activities also commenced to enable Cabinet officers and cabinet Ministers are oriented for easy adoption and use of the new system.
- The Government Gateway and portal also known as ePamodzi was developed and is scheduled to be completed by 31st March, 2017. The Government Web Portal which is an online platform providing information and realtime transactions on different government services across public service institutions will in phase I comprise of transactional services from Zambia Revenue Authority and PACRA.
- The Government Performance Management System is still at inception stage and discussions still under way on way forward. It is envisaged that the focus will be enhancing revenue collection and business intelligence monitoring at the Ministry of Finance. The project is scheduled to be completed by August, 2017.
The Division continued to coordinate the monitoring and review of projects for MPSA and included the following;
- E-kiosk pilot project assessment on behalf of Private Sector development at cabinet and provided recommendation for review of the e-kiosk project implemented by ZAMPOST.
- Zambia Integrated lands Information Management System assessment and a final report was submitted to Ministry of Lands, natural Resources and Environmental Protection.
- Technical support to Ministry of National Development Planning on the Government wide Result oriented Monitoring and evaluation system.
- Technical support to the SAP Integration project of IFMIS and PMEC
- Technical support to the ICT centre of Excellency Laboratory at the Ndola ICT College in Ndola.
- Ongoing provision of Technical and service desk support to all Government Ministries in the period under review was satisfactory.
The Division provided technical support to key enterprise applications such as the Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS), Payroll Management System and Treasury Single Account. Technical support in the development of by the systems development team for Microsoft enterprise applications i.e. eCabinet, ePamodzi (Government gateway) and the Government Performance Management System.
The Division developed a Projects monitoring database tool for effective monitoring of all government projects and also the Accounts staff database under the Accountant general’s office.
During the period under review, the Centre provided technical support to shared services to end users and deployed Windows 10 to xxx number of workstations. Monitoring and evaluating the progress on pay roll processing and printing from all the 10 provinces and Maintenance of printers and printer accessories in provincial all centers.